Such a fun week already! As you may remember, my goals for this Wednesday were barely writing focussed at all, which is probably why I got so many of them done. In fact, the only thing I didn’t manage was the copy edit for Lucky Lucy, but it’s on the list for today, I swear!
But the big focus this week was on the London Book Fair, and the launch of the new Secret Library range from Xcite, one of which, Silk Stockings, features my novella, The Lord of Summer.
So first, the Book Fair. Well, it was huge. Every inch of Earls Court was packed with books, people talking about books, and places for book people to drink coffee. The best parts for me, in no particular order, were:
- Meeting lovely fellow writers, Lucy Felthouse and Kitty Bernetti, and talking writing, events and more writing. Lots of fun things coming up to get involved in, like Smut by the Sea in Scarborough (and check out the matching anthology! How many events have one of those?).
- All visiting the Xcite stand to see the beautiful, strokeable Secret Library books in all their glory. Here’s Lucy standing proudly by them:
- Meeting my wonderful editors at Xcite for the first time, and being told “I love your writing!” I may have blushed in an embarrassing manner.
- Stealing piles of books from the Ellora’s Cave stand (not really – they begged us to take them) and chatting with some of their editors and authors about books and publishing and their saucy playing cards.
- Getting home again afterwards and pouring myself a very large glass of wine – it was a great day, but utterly exhausting!
The first two Secret Library books – including Silk Stockings – are now available from stockists everywhere, and I highly recommend that you try to get your hands on a copy if you’re at all interested in sexy stories with heart. These books are designed to be discreet, and beautiful enough to want to keep forever. The stories inside them are, we decided, probably a three on a five point scale of eroticism, so the perfect introduction if you want a little more spice in your romance.
For more information about them, check out the gorgeous Secret Library website. (Oh, and look! There’s even a page about me.)
But, Book Fair excitement over – what do I need to do before Sunday? Pretty straightforward, actually:
- Finish first draft of Artist’s Impression short story
- Copy edits for Lucky Lucy
- Prep for next week’s short story
Hope you’re all having as much fun in the world of writing this week as I am!
Congrats on a new release. That book fair looks amazing. I cannot imagine strolling around a convention center sized building filled with books….I’d come out a poor, poor woman. Pocketbook empty. 🙂
Thank you! It was pretty exciting… and so, so tempting.
The Secret Library sounds like a wonderful idea. I love reading and writing romance, but it’s always a little vaguely uncomfortable when I’m in a public place (like the bus or the doctor’s office) and I’m reading something with a half-naked couple on the front cover.
Congratulations on the new release!
They’re sooo pretty. And I know what you mean – I don’t always want to display my reading choices quite so openly!
sounds like you had a great time, I’m totally jealous, its more book filled than a library. Hopefully you’ll be fired up now to reach your goals this week!
It was great fun. But yeah, back to work now… Hope your goals are going well, too!
This is the second post about a book fair I’ve read this week… Now I really want to find book fair to go to…
I’d definitely recommend it. Such fun!
Sounds like you had a great time! Congrats on your release as well! Good luck with all the things that need to be done now that you’re home 😀